Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Studio


My Messy Studio
Originally uploaded by CarolinaCottage



This is the place where I spend most of my free time. I should emphasize FREE more, because there isn't much of it. Between job (with 2 hour daily commute) kids, house, dogs, husband, I'm stretched pretty thin.

But when it's quiet, I get lost in creating here. Hours can go by in a blink without my noticing. What I do here is not rocket science, but it brings me back to center.

I create because I want to, need to, not because someone tells me I should. Or how ... sometimes I try too hard to be creative and that usually doesn't pan out. I find I have to be true to myself or a piece I'm working on will turn into a mess. If you look on the shelves, you'll see a couple of messes waiting to be covered with something more calm, more me.

No comments: